I love love love one-pot meals! It makes dinner so much easier, doesn’t it? I also love seafood and pasta, so this dinner is most definitely a favorite.
It’s also an easy dinner that can be on the table within a half hour or so.
Pasta recipes are fairly adaptable, so feel free to customize this one to your taste. I love fresh garlic in pasta and so I’m a bit heavy handed with it. I also love the flavor of fresh lemon with shrimp, so I use plenty of it.
The addition of spinach adds a healthy element, and I love serving it wilted instead of fully cooked. If spinach isn’t your favorite thing, add another vegetable like mushrooms, peppers, or artichokes.
These days, there are so many pasta options available. One of my favorites is Barilla Plus, which contains the protein of 11 eggs (in one box), omega-3 fats, and fiber. This is a such a healthy choice!!
If seafood isn’t your thing, Barilla has a wonderful FREE booklet on their site, which contains lots of pasta recipes for the busy cook. Check it out!
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned
- 1 pound of spaghetti
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- ⅔ cup of olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup white wine
- crushed red pepper, ¼ teaspoon
- salt and pepper
- fresh parley, chopped (optional)
- fresh spinach, 2 to 3 cups, rinsed and dried
- Bring one gallon of water to a boil in a large stock pot.
- Add 4.5 teaspoons of salt and pasta to water and bring back to a boil, cooking according to package instructions.
- Do not overcook pasta - it is best served al dente
- Reserve pasta water
- In the meantime, heat ⅓ cup olive oil in a large saute pan.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper and add to pan.
- Cook shrimp for 4 to 5 minutes, 2 minutes on each side.
- Using slotted spoon, remove shrimp from pan and set aside
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes - do not brown!
- Add white wine and cook over medium-high heat until reduced by half, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, zest, and crushed red pepper and cook for another minute.
- Drain pasta and then toss with spinach, shrimp, and sauce.
- Add a bit of reserved pasta water if desired.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.