Let me just say this: I’m still drooling, simply by looking at this photo…
Everyone here LOVED this pizza. It will definitely be on the Friday night rotation for a good while.
I’ve been wanting to try my hand at making buffalo pizza for quite some time. Buffalo chicken wings are one of my husband’s favorite guilty pleasures, and my kids are now old enough that a little bit of heat doesn’t scare them, so it’s definitely a good time to start introducing some more spicy foods.
Despite this, I’d been hesitating to make this pizza because, as with other popular foods, it can be difficult to find a recipe that sounds just right. I was looking for something simple, something that really let the flavor of the buffalo chicken shine through. Then, one day, I was reading a community bulletin board (can’t recall which one) and someone posted this recipe online and mentioned it was the recipe that they used in their pizzeria. Bingo! I knew it was the one. Simple too. It’s definitely a keeper
- Pizza dough, 11.5 ounce ball
- Chicken breast, about 6 to 8 ounces
- Hot sauce (I used Franks)
- Ranch dressing, about ½ cup
- Shredded cheese (I used a mixture of mozzarella/cheddar), 3 to 4 ounces
- Blue cheese crumbles, 1 tablespoons (optional)
- Blue cheese dressing (optional for serving)
- Position your oven rack within 6 to 8 inches of the top of the oven, and preheat your pizza stone for about 1 hour, using the highest setting possible (I use 550 degrees)
- In the meantime, take your dough out of the refrigerator and let it rest at room temperature on a well floured surface for 1 hour, being careful not to degas the dough ball when you transfer it out of the container and onto your counter top
- While the oven is heating up, season the chicken on both sides with a bit of salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until cooked through.
- After the chicken cools, dice and toss with enough hot sauce so the chicken is well coated but not overly saturated.
- Open your dough ball, forming your rim, and stretch until it is 14 inches.
- Place your pizza skin on a lightly floured pizza peel and top with ranch dressing (as you would normally do with pizza sauce)
- Spread the chicken mixture on top of the ranch dressing and then top with blue cheese (optional) and shredded cheese
- Bake the pizza for 4 to 6 minutes, until the bottom is lightly browned.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing if desired.