I think I could eat avocados every day. I mean for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. In fact, I want one right now. Wouldn’t it be nice to have an avocado tree?
Not happening in this part of the country – ha!
Thankfully, there are plenty of avocados to be found at the local market. And avocados taste even better when they are paired with a good tomato. We really love the Campari tomatoes, which are hothouse tomatoes that seem to have an amazing flavor year-round.
This is how easy this salad is:
Peel your cucumber, and chop it up. Cut your avocado in half, remove the pit, and then score it as shown in the photo, then scoop the flesh out with a spoon. For the tomato, wash and dry, then chop it up.
Place everything into a bowl and top with lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and you are ready to eat!
avocado and tomato salad
- 1 avocado , cored, peeled, and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 small tomatoes , chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 small cucumber , chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon table salt (or to taste)
- black pepper to taste
- Combine tomato, avocado, and cucumber in medium sized bowl
- Toss mixture with lemon juice and olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper