easy gyro burgers
These easy gyro burgers are the best and make a quick dinner! Made with ground lamb or beef (or a combination of both), add a few commonly found spices, and just add tzatziki!
For the Burgers:
- 1 pound ground lamb or beef (or mixture of the two)
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 3 cloves fresh garlic finely minced
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt table salt (iodized)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt , plain, 16 ounces
- 1/2 medium cucumber finely minced
- 3 small garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 hamburger rolls
- onion, lettuce, tomato optional (for topping/serving)
For the Burgers:
Combine all ingredients (may allow mixture to sit overnight in the refrigerator to improve flavor).
Preheat gas grill to medium high.
While the grill is heating up, remove meat mixture from refrigerator if prepared ahead, and form into 4 patties.
Grill patties about 4 minutes per side for or until the internal temperature is 145 degrees.
Top with lettuce, tomato, onion, and tzatziki sauce and serve on a hamburger roll.
For the Sauce:
Wrap the diced cucumber in a clean white cloth and squeeze out any excess water.
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Refrigerate until cold.
Keeps in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
Recipe can be doubled.
Nutrition was calculated using lean ground lamb.
Calories: 465kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 1632mg | Potassium: 233mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 70IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 4mg