easy chicken marsala
This easy chicken marsala can be on your table in less than 30 minutes and it is sure to please! To save time, buy presliced mushrooms and thin cut chicken breast. Other ingredients include chicken broth, dry marsala wine, olive oil, and butter.
Servings 4 people
- 2 pounds chicken breast sliced thin (about 4 breasts)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more as needed
- 10 ounces sliced mushrooms your favorite variety (shitakes, baby bella, white button)
- 1 cup marsala wine dry preferred (sweet okay too)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped for garnish
on a large platter, combine flour with salt and pepper
coat each piece of chicken with seasoned flour, shake off excess and set aside
heat 1/4 olive oil over medium high heat and then cook sliced chicken in batches (do not overcrowd the pan)
cook time will depend on thickness of chicken but generally takes about 3 or 4 minutes total time, per batch, if on thin side (thicker uncut breasts will take 5 minutes each side)
remove cooked chicken to a clean plate and then add mushrooms to pan, season with additional salt and pepper, and cook for about 5 minutes; if mushrooms release water, be sure to cook it off.
add marsala wine and continue heating for a few seconds then add chicken broth and butter
add chicken breasts back to pan and heat for a few minutes until sauce has slightly thickened
check seasoning and add more salt if necessary; top with chopped parsley and enjoy!
Calories: 602kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 160mg | Sodium: 781mg | Potassium: 1204mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 560IU | Vitamin C: 13.3mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 2.5mg