A simple and delicious warm dip with cheese, peppers, onions, and tomato.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Total Time 12 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion , diced
- 1 poblano or cubanelle pepper
- 2 jalapenos , minced (seeded if you prefer less/no heat)
- 1 large tomato , diced (reserve about 2 tablespoons for topping)
- 3 cups Mexican cheese grated (I used a preshredded combination of monteray jack, cheddar, asadero and queso bianco)
- 1/4 cup cilantro , chopped (for garnish)
Heat oil in a large saute or cast iron pan and add onion, peppers and tomatoes (reserve some tomatoes for garnish)
Cook over medium high heat for about 5 minutes and stir frequently until vegetables have softened.
Lower heat to low and then add cheese and stir until melted
Top with reserved tomato and cilantro and serve with tortilla wedges or chips
May keep warm in small crock pot or reheat later to re-melt