It’s no secret that I love mojitos. Traditionally thought of as a summer drink, this version is a twist for the holidays or anytime, really, in my book.
This mojito reminds me of my summer trip to Miami Beach. We went to the Fountaineblue Resort, and I had a fantastic, out-of-this-world-good blueberry mojito. In a tall glass, just like this one.
But it’s not summertime anymore. And, although I love many aspects of winter in this part of the country (Philadelphia area), I think we could all use a little reminder of the warmer weather at times, and so why not? Drink a mojito! I love the colors of this mojito around this time of year. This drink is very simple to mix and you can opt to make 2 smaller drinks instead of the tall version pictured.
- 1 lime , cut into 8 wedges
- 20 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon agave nectar or sugar
- ½ cup white rum
- ½ cup pomegranite juice
- lime slices for garnish (optional)
- Muddle lime wedges and mint leaves together in a sturdy container
- Add agave or sugar and muddle again
- Add rum and juice and stir to combine
- Fill a tall glass with ice and pour mixture into the glass (do not strain)
- Garnish with lime slice (optional)
Leave a Reply