Lazy meatballs – this recipe by Michael Symon had my name written all over it. This was my kind of recipe – fast!
Well…it’s not exactly a recipe. The meatballs are really simply sausage meat (I used turkey sausage) that has been removed from the casing, shaped into a ball and threaded onto a skewer (they don’t have to be cooked on a skewer though..)
The sauce is one of the best homemade tzatziki sauce recipes that I have made. Delicious and easy!
Greek yogurt, lemon, cucumber, mint, olive oil, and salt/pepper to taste (see recipe below for amounts).
Grill the meatballs up and serve with the sauce!
If you are looking for other quick and tasty recipes, I highly recommend Michael Symon’s book, 5 in 5, which contains 120 recipes that use 5 ingredients and take 5 minutes to cook.
lazy turkey meatballs
For the meatballs
- 1.5 pounds turkey sausage , removed from casing
For the tzatziki sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup cucumber diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- salt and pepper to taste
For the meatballs:
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium high heat
- Form sausage meat into 16 balls, thread through 8 skewers that have been presoaked for 20 to 30 minutes (if wooden), and flatten slightly
- Cook meat for 3 minutes and then flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes
- Serve with tzatziki sauce
For the sauce:
- Combine all ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill until ready to use