This dish was so good! I had originally intended to make some kind of chicken and artichoke casserole, but then came across a copycat Macaroni grill recipe for Chicken Scallopine. One problem though – it called for 4 sticks of butter!! Holy moly…that’s alotta butter.
Still, I liked the basis of the recipe – butter, white wine, lemon, garlic – how can you go wrong? Plus, I’m trying to eat more fiber, more vegetables, so this was definitely interesting. With a little tweaking, I think we have a winner!
Now, you don’t havvvve to serve it over pasta but it really is very good that way.
The recipe also uses mushrooms. I used shitake, which I absolutely love, but you can use whatever variety that you enjoy. I like to keep the dried ones on hand. You just reconstitute them in hot water and you are ready to roll.
This is an easy and relatively quick meal, provided that you have everything on hand. You could probably prepare the chicken ahead of time to speed things up. Will definitely make this one again and again.
chicken with artichokes
- 4 chicken breasts , cut into cutlets (should yield about 12 smaller pieces)
- 3/4 cup flour seasoned with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 bag (6 to 8 oz) frozen artichokes
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 3 oz goat cheese
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- Spaghetti , 1 box cooked
- Dredge chicken cutlets in seasoned flour
- Heat cast iron pan over medium high heat
- Cook chicken in cast iron pan, and remove to dish when finished
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and reduce by at least 1/2
- Add butter, garlic, and vegetables.
- Cook for a few minutes until heating through
- Add chicken broth and goat cheese and cook for 3 minutes or until goat cheese is all melted.
- Add lemon juice
- To serve, place chicken over pasta and top with artichoke mixture.