This is one of my favorite veggies! Roasted broccoli – this version has fresh garlic in it. It’s soooo easy to make and it’s one veggie that my whole family likes (miracles do happen!). You can include the stems too in you like – I think they are just as good as the crowns (top part of the broccoli). I’ve also made this without fresh garlic (using just salt, and olive oil). The roasting really does add a great flavor.
This broccoli is ready in about 20 minutes! If you like your broccoli a little more cooked (this version is slightly crispy), just let it roast a bit longer. I think this would also be good with roasted garlic in place of fresh garlic.
You probably won’t have leftovers, but if you do – use it to top salads, make a quiche, chop it and mix with morning eggs, or maybe even make some broccoli soup.
An easy broccoli recipe using fresh garlic (optional), ready in 20 minutes!
- 2 bunches of fresh broccoli , chopped including stems
- 8 cloves of garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Arrange broccoli on large baking sheet, combine with garlic, and drizzle with olive oil
- Sprinkle salt over broccoli
- Just prior to placing broccoli in the oven, reduce temperature to 375 degrees.
- Roast broccoli for about 20 minutes, until tender but still crisp.