I was looking through some old magazine clippings the other day and found this simple, yet delicious, recipe for lemonade. I happened to have everything on hand (a small miracle!), so I gave it a try. It was fabulous! I substituted Truvia for the sugar to make it even healthier. I must warn you though…if your fruit is super ripe like mine was, you may want to cut back a bit on the sugar. Mine was very sweet because both the berries and the watermelon were quite ripe. You could easily substitute another kind of berry for the raspberries – maybe even spike it with a bit of lemon flavored vodka for an evening cocktail al fresco!
Recipe from The Costco Connection, July 2011
- 6 cups of ripe watermelon, seeded and cubed
- ¼ cup of raspberries
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice (3 to 4 lemons)
- ⅓ cup of sugar or Truvia
- Place watermelon, raspberries, and water in blender and process until smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into pitcher.
- Stir in the lemon juice and sugar.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Garnish with small pieces of watermelon wedges, if desired