Sugar Free Chocolate Banana Oatmeal with Salted Peanuts
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Sugar Free, Healthy
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1¾ cups water
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ cup chopped salted peanuts
- sugar substitute or finely chopped/pitted Medjool dates (optional for additional sweetness)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized pot.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top with salted peanuts if desired.
- If more sweetness is desired, add your favorite sugar substitute or some finely diced and pitted Medjool dates.
Recipe by Feeling Foodish at http://feelingfoodish.com/sugar-free-chocolate-banana-oatmeal-with-salted-peanuts/