Easy Grilled Gyro Burgers
- Ground lamb or beef (or mixture of the two), 1 pound
- Dried oregano, 1 tablespoon
- Dried rosemary, 1 tablespoon
- Garlic, 3 cloves, finely minced
- Onion, medium,, finely chopped
- Salt, 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper, ¼ teaspoon
- Greek yogurt, plain, 16 ounces
- Cucumber, 1 medium finely minced
- Mint, 4 to 5 leaves, finely minced
- Red vinegar, 2 teaspoons
- Garlic, 3 cloves finely minced
- Olive oil, 1 tablespoon
- Onion, lettuce, tomato for topping
- Hamburger rolls
- Combine all ingredients (may allow mixture to sit overnight in the refrigerator to improve flavor).
- Preheat gas grill to medium high.
- While the grill is heating up, remove meat mixture from refrigerator if prepared ahead, and form into 4 patties.
- Grill patties about 4 minutes per side for or until the internal temperature is 145 degrees.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, onion, and tzatziki sauce and serve on a hamburger roll.
- Wrap the diced cucumber in a clean white cloth and squeeze out any excess water.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Keeps in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
Recipe by Feeling Foodish at http://feelingfoodish.com/gyro-burger/