Father's Day Pancakes and Menu Ideas
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons oil
- pancake syrup, butter for serving
- squeeze bottle with a ¼-inch opening to form the pancakes
- Preheat pancake griddle to 375 degrees or over medium to medium-high heat.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt)
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredient together (egg, milk, vanilla, oil)
- Pour wet into dry ingredients and mix only until combined; batter should be slightly lumpy
- Form necktie outline on the preheated non-stick griddle (the pancakes should be no larger than 7 or 8 inches tall) by piping the outline of the necktie knot followed by the rest of the tie outline.
- Let that cook for about 30 seconds, and then fill the necktie in with more batter
- Cook until bubbles form on top
- Flip over and continue cooking until golden
- Serve immediately with butter and syrup.
Recipe by Feeling Foodish at http://feelingfoodish.com/fathers-day-pancakes-menu/