chocolate covered strawberry hot chocolate
- 4 to 5 fresh strawberries, stemmed and washed
- 1 scant tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 3 packets of Truvia (or use sweetener of choice, to taste)
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- additional strawberries, diced for garnish (optional)
- whipped cream (optional; not for dairy and sugar free)
- Add strawberries, cocoa, sweetener, and almond milk to blender.
- Blend on high speed.
- If you own a Vitamix, you can continue blending for a minute or 2 until the mixture is hot; otherwise, transfer to a small sauce pan and heat over medium heat until hot.
- Top with whipped cream and diced strawberries if desired.
Recipe by Feeling Foodish at http://feelingfoodish.com/chocolate-covered-strawberry-hot-chocolate/