chicken parmesan burgers
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup marinara sauce, divided
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices of part-skim mozzarella cheese
- basil leaves (garnish)
- Rolls or bread to serve
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine chicken, ½ cup marinara sauce, bread crumbs, onions, and spices in a medium-sized bowl.
- Divide meat mixture into 4 equal portions and form patties. May refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 1 day to help the burgers set.
- Heat ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Grill patties for about 3 to 4 minutes and then flip and place skillet in oven for 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the remaining marinara sauce for topping the burgers
- Remove burgers from oven and top with cheese; continue baking for another minute until cheese has melted.
- Top with marinara sauce and basil and serve on fresh bread or rolls
Recipe by Feeling Foodish at http://feelingfoodish.com/chicken-parmesan-burgers/