chocolate sesame cookies
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⅔ cups all purpose flour*
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sesame seeds
- In a small saucepan, combine chocolate, butter, and tahini, and heat over low heat stirring frequently until melted (do not overheat chocolate)
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, whip eggs and brown sugar for about 5 minutes on medium speed; add vanilla and mix to combine
- In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients: flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- After chocolate mixture has slightly cooled, add it to the egg mixture and mix for 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture and mix only until combined.
- Place dough into the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Arrange sesame seeds onto a small dish
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and then coat with sesame seeds (roll balls around in the seeds)
- Place cookies on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silpat
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes (longer if you made larger cookies)
Recipe by Feeling Foodish at http://feelingfoodish.com/chocolate-sesame-cookies/