dark chocolate bark with nuts, honey, and dried cherries
- 7.5 ounces dark chocolate (I used 85%)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup mixed nuts, chopped (I used almonds, cashews and pistachio mix)
- ½ cup dried cherries, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt (if nuts are unsalted)
- Melt chocolate in microwave using a medium sized microwave-safe bowl; heat in 1-minute increments, stirring very well after each minute until melted (stirring will help the chocolate melt)
- If you have not melted chocolate before, see link in my post about melting chocolate since overheating will cause the chocolate to seize up and be ruined
- When the chocolate has melted, add the remaining ingredients and stir well to incorporate.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper or tin foil and spread chocolate mixture (about ¼ inch thick) on top.
- Place in freezer for about 1 hour
- Break apart and enjoy! To store, follow directions on chocolate wrapper.
Recipe by Feeling Foodish at http://feelingfoodish.com/dark-chocolate-bark-with-salted-nuts-honey-and-dried-cherries/