cuban beef (Ropa Vieja)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can tomato paste (6 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- In a large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over high heat
- Add flank steak, and brown on both sides (about 3 to 4 minutes per side)
- Remove meat from pan, and add to crock pot along with all other remaining ingredients.
- Stir everything to combine
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Shred meat to serve
- Serve with tortillas, sour cream, and cheese if desired.
Recipe by Feeling Foodish at http://feelingfoodish.com/cuban-beef-ropa-vieja/