chocolate cake in a mug
Recipe type: dessert
Serves: 4 to 6
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick butter (8 ounces), room temperature
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- whipped cream or ice cream for serving (optional)
- Combine chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe dish and melt in 30-second to 1-minute increments, stirring well between each interval.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs and sugar and mix until lightened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add flour and vanilla flavoring and mix until incorporated.
- When chocolate mixture has cooled, combine it with the flour-egg mixture.
- Pour batter into 4 large mugs or 6 small mugs.
- Microwave on high from 50 seconds to 3 minutes depending on the power of your appliance and how many mugs you place in the microwave at once.
- If you cook less, you may obtain a molten, lava center.
- Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream in desired.
Recipe by Feeling Foodish at http://feelingfoodish.com/chocolate-cake-in-a-mug/