- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 2.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare cupcake tray with liners
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In bowl of standing mixer, cream butter with sugar until well combined, scraping down sides of bowl and then continue to beat for 2 additional minutes
- Add eggs one at a time and scrape the sides of the bowl after each addition
- Beat in vanilla
- Add flour mixture alternatively with milk beating on low after each addition, and beating only until combined
- Spoon mixture into cupcake liners until about ½ full
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until cake tester comes out clean after being inserted into center of cupcake.
- After cupcakes have been cooled, spoon about ¼ cup frosting over each cupcake and smooth into a snow cone shape.
- Decorate with red, white and blue decorating sugar as shown
Recipe by Feeling Foodish at http://feelingfoodish.com/snowcone-cupcakes/