- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk or heavy cream
- 1.5 to 2 cups (6 to 8 oz) shredded cheese (I used Gruyere and cheddar)
- 1 to 2 cups chopped cooked bacon (or vegetable(s) of your choice, chopped) (I used about 1 cup)
- Sliced tomato slices and fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 9-inch pie dish with pie pastry and crimp edges for form a decorative edge
- Whisk eggs and milk (or cream) together until combined and then add cheese and bacon
- Pour mixture into pie dish and slide it into the oven.
- Check the quiche at 30 minutes, and add tomato slices on top if desired
- At the 30 minute mark, cover with foil if necessary (do not allow the top to get overly brown)
- Bake for a total of 40 to 45 minutes until center has firmed up.
- Garnish with fresh basil if desired
Recipe by Feeling Foodish at http://feelingfoodish.com/easy-quiche/