chicken with artichokes
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into cutlets (should yield about 12 smaller pieces)
- ¾ cup flour seasoned with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bag (6 to 8 oz) frozen artichokes
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 3 oz goat cheese
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- Spaghetti, 1 box cooked
- Dredge chicken cutlets in seasoned flour
- Heat cast iron pan over medium high heat
- Cook chicken in cast iron pan, and remove to dish when finished
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and reduce by at least ½
- Add butter, garlic, and vegetables.
- Cook for a few minutes until heating through
- Add chicken broth and goat cheese and cook for 3 minutes or until goat cheese is all melted.
- Add lemon juice
- To serve, place chicken over pasta and top with artichoke mixture.
Recipe by Feeling Foodish at http://feelingfoodish.com/chicken-with-artichokes/