chicken and black bean salad with chipolte vinaigrette
- 3 cups of romaine or iceburg lettuce, shredded,
- 1 each of red bell pepper and small onion, sliced thinly and grilled
- ¼ cup Mexican cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup black beans, cooked
- ¼ cup chicken, grilled and cubed or shredded
- ¼ cup guacamole (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 minced chipotle pepper in Adobo sauce (roughly 1 Tablespoon)
- 1½ cup salad oil (canola or vegetable, NOT olive oil)
- Arrange salad ingredients on a large plate
- In a small food processor, combine all the salad dressing ingredients except for the oil.
- Add the oil in a thin stream while processor is on high speed.
- Drizzle dressing on top of salad.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.
Recipe by Feeling Foodish at http://feelingfoodish.com/chicken-and-black-bean-salad-with-chipolte-vinaigrette/