Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups of chicken broth (homemade is best if available)
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (eg, carrots, corn, peas, green beans)
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken (leftover or from rotisserie)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rolls for serving (optional)
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat
- Add flour and mix to form roux
- Cook roux over low heat for about 1 minute but do not allow it to brown
- Slowly pour chicken broth into the roux in ½-cup increments and whisk to thicken.
- After all the broth has been incorporated, add vegetables and chicken and heat through - 3 to 4 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This soup can also be used as a filling for chicken pot pie. If you like your soup/filling very thick, you can add some potato flakes for more thickening.
Recipe by Feeling Foodish at http://feelingfoodish.com/chicken-pot-pie-soup/