Grilled Fish Tacos
Recipe type: Main Entree
- 1 pound of tilapia
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons of red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice (about 1 or 1.5 limes)
- ½ teaspoon of salt, divided
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of chipotle chili powder
- Marinate the fish for up to 1 hour in ½ cup of canola oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, and ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- In the meantime, prepare the slaw by combining the cabbage, mango, avocado, onion, and cilantro
- Prepare the slaw dressing by combining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Whisk the dressing and drizzle it over the slaw mixture. Set aside.
- Prepare the chipotle sour cream by adding 1 teaspoon of chipotle chili powder and ¼ teaspoon of salt to 1 cup of sour cream and mixing well.
- Just before serving, grill the fish for approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- To serve, layer each tortilla with slaw, followed by fish, and then top with drizzled chipotle cream.
Recipe by Feeling Foodish at http://feelingfoodish.com/yummy-fish-tacos/