James Beard 40 Cloves of Garlic Chicken
Recipe type: Main Meal
- 2 ribs of celery, cut into long strips
- 1 medium sized onion, coursely chopped
- 3 springs of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of dried tarragon
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- ¼ cup vermouth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- freshly grated nutmeg (I didn't use)
- 40 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- French bread for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line the bottom of a heavy ovenproof casserole dish with celery, and onions
- Sprinkle with tarragon.
- Pour oil into large bowl, and toss drumsticks to coat.
- Place chicken drums in casserole on top of vegetables and tuck garlic all around.
- Pour vermouth over chicken, and sprinkle with salt and pepper, and nutmeg
- Cover casserole tightly with aluminum foil and place in the oven for 90 minutes
- Serve with bread to spread roasted garlic
Recipe by Feeling Foodish at http://feelingfoodish.com/james-beard-40-cloves-of-garlic-chicken/