Author: Marie @FeelingFoodish
- 6 avocados, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced (I always use lemons not limes)
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 serrano chile peppers, finely diced (optional or use a few drops chili sauce)
- salt, 1 teaspoon or to taste
- pepper, ¼ teaspoon or to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Do not overmix; leave plenty of chunks throughout.
- To store, cover the guacamole with plastic wrap, ensuring that the plastic comes in direct contact with the dip.
- Store in refrigerator.
Supposedly, authentic guacamole uses red onion, does not contain any garlic, and uses jalapeno in place of serranos. I use lemon in place of lime. You will love this guacamole!!
Recipe by Feeling Foodish at http://feelingfoodish.com/homemade-guacamole/