- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups flour
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar at medium-high speed until lightened in color
- Add egg and mix until evenly distributed then blend in vanilla extract and salt
- With wooden spoon, combine the flour with the creamed ingredients
- The dough will seem soft, but will firm up when refrigerated.
- Divide dough in half, flatten each into disk shape, and seal in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- To bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll dough to ¼ inch thickness, cut into desired shapes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
Recipe by Feeling Foodish at http://feelingfoodish.com/sugar-cookies/