Homemade Beef Jerky
- 1.5 to 2 lbs of flank or skirt steak, sliced thin
- ⅔ cup of Worchestershire sauce
- ⅔ cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 0.5 to 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder or dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 0.5 to 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, combine all marinade ingredients and mix well.
- In a large bowl or ziplock bag, combine meat with marinade, distributing the marinade well to ensure all the meat is coated.
- Cover and refrigerate the marinated meat for 3 to 6 hours
- Remove the meat from the marinade
- Dehydrate the meat in your dehydrator following the device instructions
- (Mine takes about 6 hours on a medium to low setting)
To help with slicing the meat thin, consider slightly freezing your meat.
Check the meat after 2 hours, 4 hours, and then every ½ hour thereafter the first time you make this jerky.
Recipe by Feeling Foodish at http://feelingfoodish.com/homemade-beef-jerky/