White Pizza with Spinach, Fennel, and Feta
- 2 pizza dough balls, 11.5 oz each
- 2 bags (6 oz) of fresh spinach
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- crumbled feta cheese, 12 ounces, divided
- fennel seeds, 2 tablespoons, divided
- Place pizza stone in oven within 6 to 8 inches of top of oven.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees for at least one hour before baking.
- In the meantime, saute spinach over medium heat in a nonstick skillet for 4 to 6 minutes or until wilted and set aside to cool.
- Just before you are reading to bake, open your pizza dough ball to form a 14 inch circle and gently place it on floured pizza peel or parchment paper.
- Immediately top pizza with half of the cooked and cooled spinach, half of the minced garlic, 6 ounces of feta cheese and one tablespoon of fennel seeds.
- Launch pizza onto stone, and bake for 4 to 6 minutes until bottom and top are sufficiently browned.
- Repeat with other dough ball.
Recipe by Feeling Foodish at http://feelingfoodish.com/white-pizza-with-spinach-fennel-and-feta/